SME Bank offers comprehensive financial services for investment activities. Our team of professional and experience licensed dealers work with clients to gain understanding on investment objectives and risk tolerance.
This team is also responsible in ensuring the Bank’s risk exposure in financial market is minimized. SME Bank range of products and services are Shariah compliant.
Money Market & Interbank
Make your money work harder with us. Our Shariah compliant deposit product is among the most competitive in the market. We accept placements ranging from overnight to one year depending on clients’ requirement and investment needs.
SME Bank currently offering a deposit product to our corporate client as follows:
- Commodity Murabahah Deposit (CMD)
Commodity Murabahah Deposit is an Islamic fixed deposit which has a fixed profit rate of return via the buying and selling of commodities as an underlying asset transaction based on the Shariah concept of Murabahah (cost plus profit sale). The profit rate and profit amount is made known to customer upfront. The features of the product are as follows:
- Minimum amount of investment is RM200,000.00
- Placement is based on the Murabahah concept.
- Tenure of placement is from overnight/1 day and up to 1 year.
- Indicative rates will be quoted on placement day by dealers at Treasury and Investment, SME Bank. The actual rates will be quoted upon placement confirmation.
- Profit will be calculated on accrual basis for the duration or tenure of placement on daily basis and will be paid upon maturity.
- For any premature withdrawal, customer will only entitled to get back the principal amount.
Fixed Income Investment
SME Bank’s investment portfolio in the fixed income market is managed by the Treasury department. The Fixed Income team actively and diligently seek avenues for investments guided by the Bank’s investment parameters.
SME Bank is now offering FX services to our customer under the concept of Wakalah. The FX services are carried out by SME Bank to facilitate our customer in import and export business to make payment or receive payment in foreign currencies.