Y-Biz Challenge was first introduced in 2012 by SME Bank in collaboration with the Ministry of Education (MoE), Malaysia. The competition has received recognition from The Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and Pacific (ADFIAP) in 2013 with a Plaque of Merit under the category of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Y-Biz Challenge offers a total prize of RM91,000.00 in cash. Apart from that, winners will also be receiving trophies, certificate of participation and the champion will be taking home a challenge trophy and flight tickets worth RM25,000.00 for the team to participate in any international competition.
The competition is open to all secondary schools in Malaysia. At the preliminary stage, participants will be evaluated based on the proposal paper for their projects. Those teams selected for the semi-final round will be given seed capital to produce a prototype of their product or services. A boot camp session will also be held during the semi-final to expose the students on entrepreneurship, leadership skill, public speaking and creativity and innovations. Winners of the competition will be judged on the commercialization of product or services and innovation and creativity in design, packaging and ergonomics.
During the competition, SME Bank has shared information on entrepreneurship and other relevant areas via the website: www.yoursuccessourstory.com as guidance to the participants in preparing their proposal paper.
List of Winners :
Commercialization of Products
|Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Malim, Melaka.(Finalist 2013)
||D’Lapique - Portable tablecloth used in schools, kindergartens and canteens. Sold more than 18,000 units.
|Madrasah Idrisiah, Kuala Kangsar, Perak (Second Runner-Up 2015)
||E-Pro Buster - Pest repellent gel. Sold more than 31,000 units. The products are distributed and sold in Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei.
|SM Sains Hulu Selangor, Selangor(Champion 2014)
||Gummy SEMASHUR - Glue made from recycled polystyrene. 500 bottles have been sold since 2015.
|SBP Integrasi Rawang, Rawang, Selangor(Finalist 2016)
||Essential Fan - A scented hand fan that reduces migraines and flu. The products are sold in Dubai and Thailand.
|SM Tengku Intan Zaharah, Terengganu (Champion 2016)
||Pereskia Gel For Eye Treatment - Made from the ‘Duri Tujuh’ tree to aid vision problems such as far sightedness, near sightedness, cataract and Age Molecular Degeneration (AMD)
|SMK Sanzac, Sabah (Finalist 2016)
||Chantek-Sira Soap - A special soap that utilizes the natural ingredients to overcome skin problems faced by youth and adolescence.
|Sekolah Berasrama Penuh Integrasi Rawang, Selangor. (Champion 2016)
- Gold Medal and Special Award for the 6th Bi-Annual International European Women Inventors Innovators Network Exhibition, Conference and Awards.
- Gold Medal for the 1st World Invention Innovation Contest (WIC 2015) in Seoul, Korea
- Gold Medal for the Malaysian International Young Inventors Olympiad (MIYIO) 2015
- Gold Medal for the Research Innovation Symposium Exposition 2015 (RISE 2015)
- Gold Medal for The 2nd International Young Inventors Award (IYIA 2015)
- Gold Medal for the Invention, Innovation And Design Exposition 2015 (IDEX 2015)
|Sekolah Menengah St. Michael, Penampang, Sabah. (Champion 2015 & 2013)
- Bronze Medal and Special Award from Romanian Inventors Forum in the Istanbul International Invention Fair (ISIF 2016).
- Gold Medal and Special Award in the European Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation 2014
- Anugerah Harta Intelek 2014
- Overall Champion for PUM Convention Sabah
- Third place for the Booth Design category in the Program Tunas Negara (PROTUNE)
|Sekolah Menengah Sains Tuanku Syed Putra, Perlis. (First Runner-Up 2015)
- Bronze Medal, Special Award from China, HAG German Award and Women Inventors Certificate at the Istanbul International Inventions Fair (ISIF 2016) in Istanbul, Turkey
- Gold Medal at the International Engineering Invention & Innovation Exhibition (I-ENVEX) 2016
|Sekolah Menengah Daya 2, Johor.(Finalist 2016 & 2015)
- Gold Medal for the International Engineering Invention and Innovation Exhibition (I-ENVEX) 2016.
- Second place for the Booth Design category in the Program Tunas Negara (PROTUNE).
- Best Booth Design in the International Biotechnology Competition & Exhibition in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2016.
- Gold Medal and Young Inventors Award from Citizen Innovation, Singapore during the Bangkok International Intellectual Property, Innovation and Technology Exposition (IPITEX) 2018.
|Sekolah Menengah Sains Hulu Selangor. (Champion 2012 & 2014)
- The Green Environment Award at 7th EUROINVENT 2015 in Romania.
- Gold, Special and Best Award at International Art Creativity and Engineering Exhibition (I+ACEH).
- Gold Medal – Smart Rollator V3 in the Research Innovation Symposium Exposition, 2015, UiTM Shah Alam.
- Gold Medal Class F for the Young Inventor Category for the European Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation 2013
|Sekolah Menengah Maran, Pahang (Finalist 2013)
- Silver Medal under the Young Inventor category for the National Innovation and Invention Competition Through Exhibition 2014 (iCompEx2014)
|Sekolah Menengah Imtiaz Kuala Terangganu (Finalist 2013)
- Gold Medal Class F for Manufacturing Process & Machine and Equipment at the International Innovation and Invention (i-ENVEX), Universiti Malaysia Perlis.