The Government had announced RM1.0 billion of HTF-NIA, which will be administered by BNM. HTF-NIA is aimed at supporting high-tech and innovation-driven SMEs affected by COVID-19 to recover and revitalise the nation’s innovation capacity. It supports high tech and innovation-driven SMEs affected by COVID-19 that are best aligned to strategic long-term development goals embedded in the National Investment Aspirations (NIAs). This is to strengthen Malaysia’s competitive positioning in global value chains, preserve the supply chain ecosystem and safeguard high-skilled jobs.
- Capital expenditures (CAPEX) and/or
- Working Capital
Viable Malaysian SMEs in the following subsectors;
- Within manufacturing and services subsectors with high National Investment Aspirations (NIAs) scores:
- Electrical and Electronics (E&E);
- Chemicals (including pharmaceuticals and refined petroleum);
- Optical Scientific Equipment and Medical Equipment
- Machinery & Equipment (including Robotics, Drones, and Industry 4.0 technologies);
- Transport equipment covering aerospace; vehicle and parts; manufacturers involved in global supply chains or transitioning towards future mobility and green technology;
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT); and
- Research & Development (R&D) services.
SMEs involved in existing innovation programmes by the Government for a range of critical technologies, from undertaking R&D, technology co-creation to technology licensing for development purposes. This would also include late stage tech-start-ups under Government programmes that are developing critical technologies and ready to graduate to bank-based financing.
As a start, the following list of programmes have been identified:
- MDEC’s Global Acceleration and Innovation Network (GAIN);
- MOSTI’s National Technology and Innovation Sandbox (NTIS) and Research and Development Fund; and
- MARii’s technology partners involved in the design and development of solutions related to IR4.0 technologies.
All eligible programmes will be updated periodically at: www.bnm.gov.my/covid19
Recipients of Special Relief Facility (SRF), PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) and/or PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF) and Targeted Relief and Recovery Financing (TRRF) are eligible for the HTF-NIA, for the purpose of financing capital expenditure only.
- Commodity Murabahah Term Financing-i (CMTF-i)
- Commodity Murabahah Revolving Financing-i (CMRF-i)
- Ijarah Thummal Bai’ Financing (ITB)
- Up to RM 1.0 million per SME for working capital; or
- Up to RM5.0 million per SME for CAPEX or a combination of working capital and CAPEX
- Up to 7 years
- Up to 3.5% p.a, for financing without guarantee; or
- Up to 5.0 % p.a. inclusive of any guarantee fee
- No collateral shall be imposed for financing offered under this facility.
Any further enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Centre at 03-2603 7700